St Mark's Church
In the 1870’s early settler families Wheatley, Blechynden, Mottram, Hall and Clark commissioned local builder Jack Haines to construct a school and community building east of the Upper Warren Bridge near what is now the junction of Wheatley Coast Road and Muirs Highway.
It served as the district school and social centre.
In 1929 this building was dedicated as a church and in 1955 it was consecrated as the Upper Warren Church of Saint Mark. Several marriages have been recorded here.
St Mark`s Church was deconsecrated in January 2016.
The entry to St Marks is located approximately 11kms north of Quinninup along Wheatley Coast Road. There is a gravel track on the south side of Wheatley Coast Road that leads down to the church.
Built from timber and clay sourced nearby many local families assisted in the building.
The church is now on private land but the owners are happy for visitors to have a look, please respect the site.